Thursday, September 20, 2007

兰州大学/Lanzhou University

My year studying Chinese in Lanzhou, China has begun. I've been here nearly three weeks now, and had time to set up my room, begin to familiarize myself with the city, start classes, and get to know a few people. Months of gradually gaining a deeper understanding of the city, country, people, and language now lay before me. I've already come quite a ways since my arrival, when I had no idea who or what awaited. Below you'll find an overview of my first couple weeks and first impressions, and future posts will have more details about these topics and others. You might want to start from the bottom to read in a more chronological order.

I've added some of you to a list to receive an e-mail when I update. If you find you're not receiving these and would like to, let me know. As for contacting me this year, here's how:

Address
Lanzhou University Zhuan Jia Lou, Room 104
222 South Tian Shui Road
Lanzhou, Gansu 730000

e-mail
ellenleffler@gmail.com

I have a slight problem in that I can post to this blog but can't view it, so I can only hope that the formatting is ok. Also, I want to include some Chinese characters which your computer may or may not be able to read. If you want to, you should be able to easily install an add-on which allows you to read them (though I forget how). Also, e-mail me any questions you have about China or Chinese or anything I've written! I'd love to here from you about any and everything.

No comments: